Cross-Country Skiing in Grossarl
Classic & skating style on the XC trails in Salzburger Land
Over 25 km of cross-country trails awaits fans of XC skiing in Grossarltal in Salzburger Land. Ski using either classic or skating style alongside the Grossarler Ache – a great alternative to alpine skiing or as a counterbalance after a day out on the pistes.
The cross-country trails in Grossarltal lead you out to the valley head, through glorious landscapes blanketed in snow. And for a delightful change of pace, we suggest an evening XC outing under the lights. Cross-country skiing in Salzburger Land is a true joy, and even suitable for beginners and children.
Overview of Cross-Country Skiing in Grossarltal
- Over 25 km of cross-country trails in Grossarl & Hüttschlag
- Most groomed both for classic & skating technique
- Grossarl Loipe: from the”Reitwiese” in Grossarl to Hüttschlag
- “Reitwiese”: practice area with obstacle course
- Hüttschlag Loipe: from Hüttschlag to the valley head
- Use of the ski bus is free for XC skiers
- Nighttime cross-country possible several times a week: “Reitwiese” night trail (ca. 2 km), night trail near the Aschaustüberl in Hüttschlag (ca. 3 km)
- Cross-country lessons offered at the Silvester Hetteger cross-country school & Dynercross cross-country school
- Basement ski storage & boot dryer at 4-star Hotel Alpenklang