Cycling & Mountain Biking
Two-wheeling through Salzburger Land
Grossarltal offers fantastic mountain bike and E-bike routes as well as bike paths with a full range of difficulty. Some 140 km of clearly marked MTB routes spanning around 11,000 meters will definitely push those well-trained leg muscles. But all that effort has its rewards: The fascinating landscape of mountains and alpine pastures in Grossarl and Hüttschlag is bound to impress you. Begin your mountain bike tours in Grossarl and Salzburger Land here at our Hotel Alpenklang at 1,050 m above sea level.
Our bike-loving families and “Sunday bikers” all get their money’s worth in Grossarltal: Cycle along the bike path and a country road to Hüttschlag, then on to the valley head. Here you can take a break next to a small mountain tarn and savor the glorious nature of Hohe Tauern National Park to the full. Whether pushing your limits or totally laid-back – a cycling vacation in Salzburger Land has something perfect in store for every fan of outdoor sports and active holidays.
Cycling, E-biking & Mountain-biking Holidays in Grossarltal
- 16 marked MTB routes with varying elevation profiles (300 to 1,000 vertical meters)
- Over 140 km of mountain-biking trails in Grossarltal
- Mountainbike Holidays member region
- Ideal for leisure cyclists and families: valley bike path alongside the river
- Weekly guided MTB and E-bike tours (registration through the tourist office)
- E-bike rentals & battery recharging stations in the Valley of Mountain Huts
Biking Advantages at the Alpenklang
At our 4-star hotel in Grossarl, we offer guests mountain bikes to borrow for free. You are also welcome to check out our very own E-bikes (fee: € 20 per day). And on your bike-free days, rest assured, your bike will be safely stowed away in our secure bike cellar. Take advantage of our hotel’s panoramic location as the starting point for your MTB tours.